Saturday, 7 March 2015

"I'm staying at Chelsea", says Patrick Bamford

The youngster dismisses reports of him signing for Middlesbrough
On loan Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford has insisted he intends to stay at Stamford Bridge, amid rumours of him joining Middlesbrough permanently.
The 21 year old is currently on loan at the Championship high flyers, and has scored an impressive 13 goals on Teeside.

He hinted that Didier Drogba's arrival was what saw him be loaned to Boro.
But after his impressive performances this season, Bamford now wants to stay and fight for a place at Chelsea.
"I have discussed my career path with Jose on many occasions and am very happy with it," he said,
"Everyone's aim is for me to continue to develop as a player under Jose's supervision and to have a long and successful career at Chelsea.
Last year, Bamford's future at Chelsea looked very uncertain.
He said: "Jose Mourinho hasn't really outlined the plan for my career.
"I was going to stay there [at Chelsea] this season, that was the original plan, but when the chance to bring Didier back arrives, you can't really turn down Drogba, can you?
"Then Jose gave me the choice whether I wanted to stay and play bit-parts, but a very minimum amount of football, or I could go out on loan. It was an easy choice in the end."

No comments:

Post a Comment